We’ve all had the time to hone up our gaming skills on the couch now it’s time to try them out for real! Timezone and ZONE Bowling and Xtreme Entertainment New Zealand is about to reopen, and we’re excited to let you know how we’re going to give you a safe space to satisfy your senses. Minimal Touch, Maximum Clean, Keep the Distance!
Stay Home If Sick
First things first, please stay home if you show any signs of illness. Our team will be doing the same. We will gladly postpone any bookings if you can’t make it on a particular day.
Team Certified Training
Our team have all completed and been certified with our new training, ‘Hygiene Hero’. Developed to cover everything Covid-19 related so they understand what COVID-19 is and how it is best prevented. What sanitisation cleaning is required and how this is done, and what to do in the event that a team member or Guest is in the venue who has flu-like symptoms. The team who are certified will be wearing a ‘Hygiene Hero’ badge so you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
- We’ve introduced hand sanitising stations at key areas of our venues.
- While our games will be clean, sanitising wipe stations are now throughout our venues, giving you have a safe choice if you want to wipe down the game before hitting Player One.
- We encourage you to use contactless payment over cash. We have enabled PayWave on all our eftpos machines. We will have an online advance booking system coming soon.
- After your next big win on a game, you will notice that the paper tickets have turned to electronic tickets that will load automatically onto your Powercard.
- If bowling, you can wear your own sneakers rather than the bowling shoes.
- PPE like gloves and masks are not recommended by the health authorities, but we do have some on hand if you feel more comfortable – just ask our team.
- We’ve introduced our ‘Hygiene Heroes’ who will provide detailed sanitisation of equipment.
- We’ve classified some of our high touch attractions ‘Single-use Sanitise’. These are our attractions that will be cleaned after every use and signage placed on them to let you know their safe. This includes activities such as bowling balls, VR games, laser and bumper cars.
- We have hourly clean routines for all our team, with sanitising equipment on hand. They will not only be cleaning games but high traffic areas like handrailing’s, door handles, and bathrooms.
- We’re taking our end of day clean to the next level and going for daily deep clean.
Keep the Distance
- We have limited the number of guests in all our venues to enable you space to roam.
- Our team have measured and mapped all our venues, moved and manoeuvred all our games to provide a safe space for you.
- You’ll see distance reminders and direction markers at key areas and positioning prompts just in case you forget in the excitement.
- We’ll be limiting capacity at some of our attractions such as laser tag, but that will just increase the fun with more room to hide.
- Had your birthday during lockdown and ready to celebrate? We have created a special ‘Bubble Party’ in Timezone with your fun and health in mind. Numbers per booking and parties per day are limited.
- In venues with lifts, there will be a limit of 2 people per trip. In venues with escalators, please leave 4 escalator steps between each person.
Food and Beverage
Where we provide food and drinks we will apply the above practices as well as a few more to keep you extra safe.
- We have an exciting new menu on the way but just for a little while, we have reduced the menu with our most satisfying treats, that we know we can deliver to you safely.
- Throw away food packaging will be used for a while to keep your extra safe, but we look forward to getting back to plates and cutlery so we can also take care of the environment.
- Where we have table seating for dining these have been spread out for your comfort and safety,
- Our drinks will all be served in bottles or with lids.
- Any bar seating will be removed.
- Handsfree counter collection of food and drinks is available.
- Our kitchen health and safety practices follow the highest standards in the world, and we will keep this going especially during this time.
Two Hour Time Limit
To comply with the New Zealand Government requirements, we'll have to pause the fun after two hours and ask you to return at an alternative time.
To comply with New Zealand Government requirements, we will need all our guests to complete our contact register on entry to our venues.
- All guests will be asked to register their Powercard if they haven’t already done so. This will automatically add them to our Contact Register when they swipe on to their first game.
- Guests entering Zone Bowling or Xtreme Entertainment to just Bowl or play Laser Tag will be asked sign our hard copy Contact Register, please bring your own pen for extra safety.
As the times change then so will we. Our processes are being constantly refined and our responses finetuned. Our team are undergoing more training, have more information, and are better prepared than ever to provide you with a fantastic, fun experience in a safe and secure space.